Work Requests

The only people who can turn in work requests are Building Monitors, Alternate Building Monitors, Area Coordinators, Assistant Area Coordinators, and Resident Assistants. To place a work request, contact one of the people with the job titles previously listed. They will use the campus work order system (called TMA) or call the Plant Services office if immediate attention is required. We strongly prefer that work orders be entered into TMA unless the request is an absolute emergency.

Do not contact individual maintenance personnel.

List of Building Monitors
Building Monitor Job Description

During business hours (8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.), the Plant Services Office can be reached at extension 2010. For after hour emergencies, contact Campus Safety at extension 2090.

Note: In the summer, the Plant Services Office is open from 7:00am to 3:30pm.

General Work Request

Plant Services prioritizes work requests as they are received. For example, a broken water pipe is more important than a dripping faucet.

Note: Emergencies such as a broken water pipe must be called in to the Plant Services Office so that we can respond immediately.

In addition, student residential areas (living areas) receive a higher priority than office spaces (work areas). Call the Plant Services Office if you have not received an automated email within a reasonable timeframe.

Timeframe for Work Requests

Emergency Request

For situations that need immediate attention, we will respond as soon as humanly possible.  Emergencies include fire, flood, and natural disasters. However, situations that lead to larger issues also need to be called in such as spilled items on carpet that can stain. Call the Plant Services Office during business hours (or Security after hours), if you have an emergency request.

End-of-the-day Request

Work requests submitted electronically after 3:00 p.m. will not be processed until the next day.

Project Request

Information on submitting a Project Request can be found here.

When reporting a maintenance need, please give specific information. We need to know:

  • Who is calling/reporting
  • What the problem is - be specific and detailed
  • Where exactly the problem is - building, room, and location within the room
  • Telephone number of someone to contact if we need to follow up

Plant Services is separated into many individual departments, so please report each maintenance need individually. For example, do not enter one work request for a leaky faucet and a burned out light bulb in the same restroom; enter two separate work requests.